Helping improve people’s lives through counselling is a rewarding privilege. It is satisfying to help my clients
lead more successful lives and have more fulfilling relationships.
I aim to be as accessible as possible by working from local clinics near to my clients and working after hours.
My approach is easy, friendly and honest – getting straight to the root of problems to find workable solutions to empower clients. My training and credentials are as follows…
- Bachelor of Biosciences and Health (Hons) from Leeds Metropolitan University.
- Post-graduate Diploma in Counselling from the University of Auckland.
- Post-graduate Diploma in Health Promotion and Health Education from the University of Liverpool.
- LEADR accredited Mediator and Family Dispute Resolution Provider.
- Full member of the New Zealand Association of Counsellors.
- Registered Family Court-contracted counsellor, specialising in relationship and family issues.
- Registered Victim Support Counsellor.
- Volunteer counsellor for Eastern Women’s Refuge.
Drug and Alcohol Counselling
- Registered Drug and Alcohol practitioner under the Drug and Alcohol Practitioners Association of Aotearoa NZ (DAPAANZ).
- DAPAANZ-accredited clinical supervisor.
Mediation and Dispute Resolution
- LEADR accredited mediator (the dispute resolution professional organisation with the largest membership in Asia-Pacific).
- Claire is a LEADR accredited Family Disputes Resolution Provider.
- Claire is an Associate Family Dispute Resolution (FDR) member of Arbitrators and Mediators Association of NZ. She is an accredited FDR provider. Please contact her if you require FDR assistance.
Find out about counselling and other services I provide.
18 Years professional counselling experience in healthcare.
This includes the UK and NZ, having worked at Auckland, Counties Manakau and Waitamata District Health Boards. Additionally in private addictions practice and non-governmental organisations – primarily with drug, alcohol, smoking and gambling problems.